Industrie Cotto Possagno combines the functionality of terracotta bent tiles and roof tiles with modern photovoltaic technology, maintaining the architectual appearance practically unaltered.
• the typical thermal flywheel properties of earthenware, and those of the waterproofing system, remain unchanged;
• fixing rods and/or tanks are not required for laying; this avoids all problems caused by infiltration and thermal bridges;
• the installed by-pass diode prevents any problems caused by moving or unexpected shade (trees, chimneys, aerials, leaves etc.);
• the ventilation channel between the PV module and the bent tile makes the system less sensitive to high summer temperatures (lower temperatures imply greater yield);
• in the case of a power drop due to an irregular module, the module automatically disconnects to prevent the need for replacement. If you wish to replace it, however, the snap-on multi-contact fixtures make the operation quick and easy without the need for specialist technicians;
• finally, the system offers the advantage of to be installed on an existing roof, replacing only the
square metres required without incurring additional costs for perimeter waterproofing.